We are looking for projects/programs that:
- Target underserved populations.
- Address an unmet need in our area.
- Will have a high impact on the beneficiaries.
Organizations eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Be classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Serve Monmouth County, NJ (headquarters can be located outside of Monmouth County but the proposed project must be located in and benefit Monmouth County).
- Be in operation as a 501(c)(3) for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Have an annual organizational operating budget of at least $100,000 in the current and immediately prior fiscal year (annual gross revenue of $100,000 and expenses of at least $100,000) OR are otherwise qualified except for the minimum operating budget and three-year existence, and is interested in applying as a collaboration with a Lead Organization and contributing to the proposed project as a Non-Lead Organization. Only the Lead Organization must have a minimum operating budget of $100,000 and be in operation for at least three years and will have primary responsibility for management/distribution of project funds.
- Possess at least two years of complete financial statements (organizations with revenue of less than $1mm who do not have independently prepared, reviewed or audited statements must be certified by the organization’s president or other authorized officer. Organizations with revenue over $1mm must provide audited financials.)
Projects/programs eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Expend all grant funds to serve and benefit Monmouth County, NJ.
- Use funds for a new or expanded program/collaboration, or to sustain or strengthen an existing program/collaboration (for details on what constitutes a collaboration, please see below).
- Have a total project budget equal to, or greater than, the amount of the grant.
- Plan to expend the full amount of the grant funds within a maximum grant period of 24 months.
WAIT: Even if your organization does not meet our eligibility listed above, you still may be able to apply as a collaboration. See below!
Impact 100 Jersey Coast encourages collaboration between organizations. An eligible collaboration exists when:
- Two or more qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations will share Impact grant funds (in whatever portions required for the project), and share responsibility of managing and/or contributing to the proposed program/project.
- One partner is identified as the lead-serving fiscal agent, completing the grant application and financial managing the grant funds.
- Both organizations must meet the minimum requirements, but only the lead organization must have a minimum operating budget of $100,000 and be in operation for at least three years.
WAIT: Still do not think you can apply? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other opportunities.
We do not provide funding for:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- General operating expenses or overhead (unless a realistic, necessary component of a project budget)
- Endowment funding
- Interim or bridge funding
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination, or religion in order to benefit from the project or program
- Capital improvements or renovations to the property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five-year lease